Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation

 

🎬 Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation: Learn to Watch Films the Smart Way


Most of us watch films for entertainment — to relax, laugh, cry, or escape reality for a few hours. But have you ever wondered how films create meaning, influence emotions, or shape the way we think about society, culture, and identity?

The open elective Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation invites you to look at films beyond the screen and learn how to read cinema as an art form and a cultural text.


πŸŽ₯ Why Should Engineering Students Study Films?

As future engineers and technologists, you are trained to solve problems logically. This course strengthens another equally important skill — critical thinking. Films help you understand:

  • human behaviour and emotions

  • social and cultural realities

  • ethical dilemmas and power structures

  • storytelling, creativity, and visual communication

In short, this course sharpens your analytical, interpretative, and communication skills, which are essential in any profession.


πŸ•°️ A Journey Through the History of Cinema

You will begin by exploring how cinema evolved from silent films to modern storytelling. Major film movements such as German Expressionism, Italian Neorealism, French New Wave, and Dogme 95 will help you understand how filmmakers responded to social and political changes through innovative styles.

πŸ‘‰ You’ll learn that cinema is not just entertainment — it is history in motion.


🎭 Understanding Film Genres

Why do action films feel different from dramas or thrillers? Why do we expect certain endings from romance or horror films?

You will study:

  • major film genres like action, comedy, drama, sci-fi, horror, and biopics

  • sub-genres and hybrid films

  • how genres shape audience expectations

πŸ‘‰ This helps you see how filmmakers play with or break genre rules to surprise viewers.


🎞️ How Films Create Meaning: The Big Four

Films communicate through powerful technical elements. You will learn to analyse:

  • Mise-en-scΓ¨ne – setting, costumes, lighting

  • Cinematography – camera angles, movement, framing

  • Editing – shots, transitions, continuity

  • Sound – background music, dialogue, silence

πŸ‘‰ Once you understand these, you’ll never watch a film the same way again.


🧠 Film Theories: Different Ways of Reading a Film

A single film can be understood in many ways. This course introduces you to:

  • realism and formalism

  • feminist, political, and psychoanalytic approaches

  • auteur and genre theory

πŸ‘‰ You’ll learn how meaning changes depending on who is watching and how they interpret a film.


🧩 Analysing Story, Characters, and Themes

You will explore:

  • story vs plot

  • linear and non-linear narratives

  • character types and stereotypes

  • themes like power, identity, morality, and ethics

You’ll also see how literary works are adapted into films and how audiences play a role in meaning-making.


🌍 Learning Through Great Films

The course includes films from world cinema and Indian cinema, such as Bicycle Thieves, Pather Panchali, The Godfather, Sholay, and Inception. These films help you apply theory to practice and appreciate cinema across cultures and time periods.


πŸŽ“ What Will You Gain?

By the end of the course, you will:

  • watch films with a critical and informed eye

  • understand cinema as art, culture, and communication

  • improve your analytical writing and discussion skills

  • develop empathy and sociocultural awareness


🎬 In Conclusion

Films don’t just tell stories — they reflect who we are and what we value.

This course helps you become a thinking viewer, not just a passive spectator. If you love films or want to understand how powerful visual storytelling works, Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation is the course for you.

64 comments:

  1. 23071A6757 - I joined this course to be with my friends and I hope to leave it with a new appreciation for films.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Name : Ch Rishik
    Roll no : 23071A0273

    Cinema has been a major part of my life where I got entertained and learned a lot,
    the passion of watching and making films is very strong in my mind.
    That is the main reason why I have taken this course.
    I hope that I can know or discover more about Cinema and the aspects in the making of a film

    ReplyDelete
  3. I joined this course as i enjoy all forms of media and while i do critique and appreciate them personally, i wanted to see how the process works with a community of my fellow classmates. i also wanted to learn about films and how to properly analyse them from a professional veteran in the field

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why I chose this course: My friends and I chose it as a group.
    What I expect from this course: I would like to learn to appreciate a film and look at it from multiple angles to get a clear understanding.

    Name: Arya Varmma
    III CSE B
    Roll no: 23071A0587

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my opinion I think film analysis and critical appreciation course is very interesting and fun to learn and it also helps to learn about human emotions

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mani Sai
    23071A6792
    Very much interested to join this course and learn about film and Critical review writing
    Reason:
    As a film loving person I would love to pen my opinion upon "my" pros and cons of a film I've watched but my review can be more eye-catching if I used proper and accurate Film terminology.I'm expecting to learn and use the film terminology by the end of the course 🀞.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P. Vikranth - 23071A67C0 - CSD-B

    I joined this course because I find the course very interesting, just wanted to know what was this course actually about. And I am expecting to learn a lot about cinema and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. M.anushuman reddy
    23071A1236
    My love for cinema couldnt let me take any other course when I could learn about cinema
    Cinema is an Integral part of my life and I also aspire to become an actor so I thought this might help me understand cinema in different perspectives

    ReplyDelete
  9. Name: S. Raja Sree
    Roll No.: 23071A05U6
    Branch: CSE-D

    I took this course to understand cinema beyond entertainment and explore how films convey meaning, emotions and ideas.
    I want to learn how to analyze cinematic techniques, themes, and narratives, and develop a critical perspective to appreciate films.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 23071A0591- I joined this elective because it was more interesting than the others, and I hope to understand films better by the end of the course.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vamshidhar Reddy - 23071A12D0
    I joined this course just for the pure love of cinema,I'm a video editor, I have adored movies since I was a child and wouldn't miss upon an opportunity to learn about cinema and it's history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 23071A67G2
    CSD-C
    I have joined this course to learn more about how movies are made and I am looking forward for it. I watch too many films and analysing them sounded something interesting

    ReplyDelete
  13. A.RITHWIK - 23071A6672 - AIML(B)

    I have joined this course because I love watching movies and want to understand them in a better way. From this course, I expect to learn how to analyze movies in a simple way and to understand the use of visuals, sound, acting, and story in films.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chose this course because of a last moment 5 mins discussion with my friend who is currently in 4th year CYS.
    The main thing we discussed was how useful this course will be in my life-->
    If I make the most of it, this course will be useful for my editing, cinematography, and storytelling journey... which I am passionate about and currently practicing too!!
    The second case we considered was if I am unable to make the most of it... will I survive the semester exams?πŸ˜‚
    Then we thought that good presentation skills, English and storytelling will still help me score good marks.
    So based on all this, I chose this course in that exact last five minutes of choosing OE and it felt perfect at that moment.
    With this course, if I make the most of it... I want to learn visuals for cinematography, storytelling, plots and all the related stuff needed to engage the audience!!
    By :- Sai Teja Salvaji
    CSE Data Science SEC-C
    Roll No : 23071A67H5

    ReplyDelete
  15. Why I chose this course: I was never an avid watcher of movies, but was interested in the analysis and critiquing of films which is why this course caught my eye.
    What I expect from this course: I hope to develop the interest in watching movies of different genres and learn to critically analyze and appreciate them.

    Prashanth Kusumba
    III-CSE A
    23071A0529

    ReplyDelete
  16. Name: Sohan Jwaliya Kasa
    Branch & Section: 3rd year, CSDS-B
    I chose film analysis because, I love watchin movies, they in a way relieve me of my stress and help me relax and find myself pondering about the story telling aspects of any movie, a single thought always lingers in my mind while watching a film- what is the director's trying to convey? I chose this subject because I want to find people like minded people, who also watch, think and talk about films with the same passion I do.
    I want to learn about the thought process behind the scenes of a film.

    ReplyDelete
  17. P. Gowtham Kumar
    CSE-IoT
    Roll No :23061A6948

    To learn about how the future cinema going to evolving working of each and every department which involve in the making of cinema stories ,direction ,screenplay ,sound ,camera ,writers ,etc

    ReplyDelete
  18. 23071A1268- After looking at the course name I was really curious, what they would actually teach in this course. But after I saw the previous year sem paper, all that interest and curiosity I lost. I hope this course may not turn out as bad as I thought it would be.

    ReplyDelete
  19. 23071A6948
    Gowtham petta

    1.Emotional ,Sad,Shocked

    2. The last scene Antonio steal the bicycle and gets caught and gets humiliated before everyone

    3.Antonio is a extraordinary person who goes to any extent for his family

    4.bruno is innocent and emotional

    5. Harsh

    6.bicycle symbolises livelihood

    7.The father struggles not only to find work, but also against a society that offers little support to the poor.

    8.This movie is still remembered because it portrays how unemployment, poverty, and social inequality impact ordinary people, highlighting the father–son relationship and the father’s struggle to provide for his child, which gradually changes his behavior and pushes him to take desperate actions.

    ReplyDelete
  20. 24071a7204
    Bavesh Appana
    Ai&ds

    I chose the Film Analysis course because I've always had a genuine love for films. Watching movies has never been just about entertainment for me,I enjoy noticing the storytelling, the emotions, the visuals, and the effort that goes into creating every scene. I've always been curious about how films are made, from the direction and cinematography to the editing and screenplay. I wanted to understand the creative process behind filmmaking and learn to appreciate movies from a deeper perspective. I felt this course would help me look beyond the surface and understand what makes a film truly impactful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way of looking at films, dear. So nice to hear that you enjoy films like a true cinephile.

      Delete
  21. 24071A6791
    G.Naina
    CSE-DS(B)
    I joined this course because I love watching movies and I'm curious about what makes a film truly impactful. I have always been interested in acting, and I want to understand filmmaking from a deeper perspective. I hope this course helps me improve my observation skills and gives me a better understanding of storytelling, direction, acting, and the creative process behind films.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, we have an actor amongst us. Keep observing cinema and may you become a good actress soon.

      Delete
  22. 24071A04B8
    Chakresh Sri Varma
    ECE-B
    I chose film Analysis because movies have always been a huge part of my life, they shaped me into who i am today ,made me empathetic and hopefully. Films have always helped me escaping my reality for as long as I remember. I want to learn more about them as I love them a lot ,I love how every film has an impact of some sort on everyone, I want to learn how every film has an impact on people. I want to learn more about character arcs,how the cinematography helps us in films.I truly want to understand films and fall even more in love with them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to hear that films have always been huge part of your life, dear. Hope you enjoy this course and learn more about how cinema creates impact in people's lives.

      Delete
  23. I've always been into art and analysis. My interest in films was cultural. Being telugu in Hyderabad, cinema was more than an entertainment and an art form. It was a celebration. This combined with the rise of pan indian movies after baahubali hit my teenage years like a truck and ever since then I've been curious about it :>

    ReplyDelete
  24. 24071A04D2
    Sriram Shouri
    ECE-B
    I chose this course because I like watching movies and wanted to know what goes on behind the scenes. I thought it would be interesting to learn how films tell stories and express emotions in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I’ve always viewed movies primarily as a fun hobby and a way to unwind. However, I wanted to move beyond simply watching movies and develop a understanding of the art and craft behind them. That curiosity led me to choose this film analysis course.

    ReplyDelete
  26. 24071A04G3
    Lakshmi Manasa Garimella
    ECE-C
    I chose Film Analysis because I wanted to look at movies from a different point of view. Sometimes, when we watch a movie for the first time, we don't fully understand or connect with all its emotions or hidden meanings. But after talking about it with others or watching it again, we notice things we completely missed before, and sometimes that even makes it one of our favorite movies. I wanted to understand why that happens and learn how films can be interpreted in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  27. T.Anikeith(24071A10C0)August 5, 2026 at 8:32 PM

    I chose Film Analysis as my open elective because I have always felt that films are much more than just entertainment every film tells a story, expresses emotions, and reflects different cultures, ideas, and social issues. I want to learn how filmmakers use storytelling, visuals, sound, and editing to create meaningful experiences and connect with audiences. I believe this course will help me improve my observation, critical thinking, and communication skills while encouraging me to see situations from different perspectives. As an engineering student, I also feel that exploring the creative side of filmmaking will broaden my thinking and complement my technical knowledge making me a more wellrounded learner

    ReplyDelete
  28. 24071A0475
    B. AVINASH REDDY
    ECE - B
    I choose film analysis because I find films comforting and fascinating. I've found myself watching films whenever I've felt stressed, anxious, afraid or sad they've helped make my mood better.In the recent years I've watched some incredible films like Oppenheimer and Project Hail Mary. These films made me appreciate how storytelling, cinematography, music and character development can create a beautiful experience. I also believe that films aren't just a source of entertainment they can inspire people, explore complex emotions and deliver powerful ideas in an understandable way. I actually joined this course to understand the art of film making and understand the idea and work that have been put into creating them instead of just consuming them as a source of entertainment.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sista Manogna
    24071A66C6
    CSE (AI & ML)

    Movies have always been an integral part of my childhood, and they eventually became one of the most essential parts of my life. My degree was chosen because of the stream I selected, and Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation was one of the rare electives we had the opportunity to choose in our college.

    As a movie lover, I have always admired the art and the process behind filmmaking, and I felt this was the right place where I could learn more about it.

    This is one of those subjects that has stayed close to me , and I definitely feel that I will never regret choosing this course because it is one of the rare occasions when I followed my heart rather than my grades .

    ReplyDelete
  30. Abhinay.D (24071A0583)August 5, 2026 at 8:39 PM

    I chose Film Analysis because I enjoy watching films beyond just entertainment. I'm fascinated by how elements like cinematography, mise-en-scène, screenplay, shot composition, lighting, color grading, sound design, editing, and visual storytelling work together to create emotion and meaning. I often pay attention to these details while watching movies, and I want to develop a deeper understanding of how filmmakers use these techniques to communicate their vision. I believe this course will help me appreciate cinema from a more analytical and creative perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  31. 24071A6750
    P. Srikar Reddy

    Watching movies is a regular activity for me. After watching a movie, it always stays with me, and I keep thinking about it—like, *what if a particular scenario had happened in a different way?* How would the story have turned out? These kinds of thoughts always excite me.

    Of course, I am a big fan of TFI. So, when there is a course related to films, why wouldn't I choose it?


    ReplyDelete
  32. G.Shravani (25075A6204)August 5, 2026 at 8:41 PM

    I chose Film Analysis because cinema has a powerful influence on the way people think, feel, and perceive the world. Films shape opinions, inspire ideas, reflect society, and sometimes even change attitudes and behavior. By studying film analysis, I want to understand how storytelling, visuals, music, and cinematography create such an impact on audiences. This subject also helps me develop critical thinking by looking beyond entertainment and analyzing the deeper messages conveyed through films.

    ReplyDelete
  33. 24071A66F5
    Chilumula Javali
    AIML-C
    I chose film analysis because I really wanted to understand the origin of films, how they got started, how much effort was put into them, and what the turning points and breakthroughs were. Also, I wanted to learn about all the different films—the popular ones, the problematic ones, the exceptional ones, everything, and all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  34. P.Pranavi(24071A0449)ECE-A
    Film analysis has always interested me because I enjoy watching meaningful films and dramas with strong stories and well-developed characters. I also love reading and writing, which has made me curious about how films convey emotions, ideas, and messages through storytelling, visuals, and performances. I believe this course will improve my analytical and creative thinking skills while helping me understand cinema from a deeper and more thoughtful perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  35. 24071A0302
    Aditya Kumar
    ME-A
    I didn't exactly choose Film analysis. As soon as I froze my option the website had crashed. Later when I logged in film analysis was frozen. In a way, the course chose me. I wouldn't exactly call myself a film buff but I have watched my fair share of films that explore various nuanced perspectives that sometimes resonated(Project Hail Mary, Dead Poets' Society, Lord of The Rings) with me and some that had me baffled when they ended( Tenet, Predestination). I really enjoy the genres of sci-fi and fantasy a lot. I've grown to love films that explore and build expansive worlds and hope to be able to appreciate them more after the completion of this course

    ReplyDelete
  36. 24071A1081
    Varshith J
    EIE-B
    Films have always inspired me by combining creativity, emotion, and storytelling in a unique way. Watching movies has sparked my curiosity about how powerful stories are brought to life on screen. This interest motivated me to enroll in this course so I can understand the art and technical process of filmmaking. I look forward to developing my knowledge, learning new skills, and exploring every stage involved in creating meaningful cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Films have always felt like more than just entertainment to me. Cinema continues to influence us philosophically, politically, and culturally. I enjoy breaking down what’s shown on screen and written into a film, the little character arcs, payoffs, and other details. More recently, a few films like Sinners and Obsession, while having a clear plotline, also had underlying themes that caught my attention. After watching them, I felt that I wanted to learn and understand what goes into them beyond what we see on screen. This interest of mine is what made me choose Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation as my elective.

    Shreyas Charan Reddy K
    24071A1027, EIE-A

    ReplyDelete
  38. 24071A04C1
    R.Srisai
    ECE-B
    I chose this course because I like watching movies, but I feel I don't really understand them deeply.i hope after completing this course I will be able to watch a movie from different angles and appreciate it in a better way.For me, cinema is not only for time pass, it is one of the greatest art created by humans to express ideas and emotions.so, i want to do justice to this art by understanding it better.

    ReplyDelete
  39. 24071A6764
    T.Srija
    CSE-DS-A
    I chose the Film Analysis course because I love the emotions that movies convey, such as the bonds between family, friends, and loved ones. I enjoy understanding how films create these emotional connections and the creative vision behind a director's concepts. This course will help me appreciate filmmaking from a deeper perspective and improve my ability to analyze stories, characters, and cinematic techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  40. 24071A10B5
    SRUTHIDHAR
    EIE-B

    I found the film analysis elective interesting and wanted to try something different. I wanted to learn how to appreciate films better, understand the ideas and techniques behind them, and see how different elements come together to tell a meaningful story. I also thought it would be a fun opportunity to explore a subject outside my usual curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  41. 24071A0572
    Advaith D
    CSE-B
    I chose Film Analysis due to my keen interest in films and what message they show to their audience. I've always loved finding the small references, meaningful messages and fully understanding the entire plot/storyline of the film, not only from the protagonists point of view, but every character there is. The beauty of frame proportions, audio modulation, tiniest change in expressions and the dedication/passion for acting is mesmerizing and new things will keep catching my interest and keep me into films.

    ReplyDelete
  42. 24071A04A4
    Katta Bhuvan
    ECE-B
    For me cinema has always been more than just entertainment. It's something I genuinely connect with and enjoy exploring. That's the main reason I chose this course. I'm curious about how films are made and what goes on behind the scenes from screenplay writing and cinematography to editing and the countless creative decisions that shape a story.

    What interests me the most is how films communicate emotions and ideas. I love noticing visual storytelling, symbolism, and meaningful dialogues. I also enjoy discovering literary, and mythological references that some filmmakers include in their stories, adding greater depth and meaning to the story.

    The year that completely changed the way I looked at cinema was 2018. Films like C/o Kancharapalem and Mahanati made me realize that movies can be much more than entertainment they can tell deeply human stories that stay with you long after you've watched them. I watched movies before that too, but 2018 was the turning point that made me appreciate cinema on a much deeper level.

    When it comes to Hollywood, Interstellar is my all time favorite followed by F1, excluding the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

    I hope this course helps me understand filmmaking from a new perspective and gives me a deeper appreciation of the creativity and effort behind every film.

    That's my take on cinema.

    ReplyDelete
  43. 24071A04D5 Amith Merugu ECE-C
    I chose Film Analysis because I wanted to understand how movies are made.Wanted to learn the aspects of film making and cinematography, I chose this course to make a short film with a new concept.

    ReplyDelete
  44. V.PAVANI
    24071A6262
    CSE-CYS
    I chose Film Analysis because I'm not just a film lover—I'm someone who loves discussing, analyzing, and understanding cinema. I've always been curious about how and why a film works, what happens behind the scenes, and especially how directors bring their vision to life. Directors like Christopher Nolan, Gautham Vasudev Menon (GVM), and Vikram K. Kumar have always inspired me.

    I grew up in a Telugu family where cinema was a part of everyday life. In the early 2000s, while many kids were watching cartoons, I was glued to Gemini Movies. As I grew up, that interest expanded to different kinds of cinema, and today I especially enjoy Malayalam films.

    Cinema has genuinely evolved the way I think and observe the world. I love discussing films, reviewing them, and hearing different perspectives. One of my favorite feelings is when someone enjoys a movie I recommended—I jokingly feel like I directed it myself!

    I've always dreamed of being part of a film, even if it's just a short film someday. That's why Film Analysis felt like the perfect choice for me—because I want to understand cinema as deeply as I love it. Proudly, I'm a film lover... or as we say, a TFI banisa.

    ReplyDelete
  45. To me movies were always more than just mere entertainment, it was a safe escape, a way to live another life through the world of cinema-the different perspectives, cultures and languages. On any bad day, all I need is a movie to instantly boost my mood. I was always fascinated by movies be it the story, the storytelling, the actors or the filmmakers and this course is my chance to get to know movies better than ever.

    Katari Kruthika
    24071A0596

    ReplyDelete
  46. N. Nitin
    24071A04B7
    ECE-B
    I chose Film Analysis because I've always loved watching movies. They help me relax whenever I'm stressed or feeling low, and over time I've started appreciating them for more than just entertainment. My favorite movie is Life of Pi because after rewatching it recently, I found a completely different meaning in the story. I also love movies like The Green Mile, The Shawshank Redemption, and The Pursuit of Happyness. For some reason, I like movies with bittersweet or tragic endings because they stay with me longer ( for example- dead poets society). I joined this course to understand how films are made and learn what goes into creating such memorable stories.

    ReplyDelete
  47. 24071A66G8
    Kampalli Pallavi
    CSE-AIML C
    I chose Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation because I've always enjoyed movies that leave a lasting emotional impact and carry meaningful messages. I've often wondered how the story, direction, performances, and music come together to make us laugh, cry, think, and sometimes even change the way we see things. Telugu films, especially, have a unique way of portraying emotions and values, and I'm looking forward to understanding these more and widening my POV of films.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Cinema has been a huge part of my life. Whenever life gets hard, cinema is and always has been an escape from reality, I enjoy that 2hrs of the movie away from everything.There are a lot favourites in different languages. COVID time proved to me that language is never a barrier, if it's a good film that's all what you need . I believe cinema is an art, a beautiful craft that connects us to its stories, characters, each part of it. So, I have chosen Film analysis because i want to get to know even better than I watch it on the screen.
    Bhavya Posham
    24071A66B8

    ReplyDelete

  49. 24071A66M5
    Vaishnavi
    AIML C
    I was always interested in films and believe they have the power to transport us to different worlds . what fascinates me the most is how a film can evoke varying perspectives , emotions and interpretations in each individual .like few films stay within us making us feel things on a deeper level, maybe that is what drew me towards films and understanding the art beyond just entertainment .

    ReplyDelete
  50. 24071A0525
    G. Ganesh
    CSE-A
    I have always loved watching movies, at first they were only a source of entertainment for me, but one thing always made me wonder, why do few films are blockbusters and few are flops? It was the way of conveying the story, it made me curious. What is it trying to tell to its audience. Movies like Magadheera, Eega changed my perspective of watching films. And without knowing, I became a fan of Rajamouli. Watching his films made me wonder how filmmakers think, how they make people connect with a story, and what message they want to deliver to the audience. I hope this course helps me in understanding films in various perspectives and understand the idea, emotions of a story.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I chose Film Analysis as my open elective because films are a powerful medium for storytelling, communication, and cultural expression. This course will help me understand how movies convey ideas through cinematography, editing, sound, and narrative techniques. It will also improve my critical thinking, observation, and analytical skills, which are valuable in both academic and professional settings. As a student, I believe this course offers a creative perspective beyond my core technical subjects and broadens my understanding of media and society.
    D Laasya Sree
    24071A7214
    AI&DS

    ReplyDelete
  52. I chose this course to understand cinema beyond entertainment and learn how films convey emotions, ideas, and meaning. My friends and I selected this course as a group, which made it even more interesting.

    Through this course, I hope to learn how to analyze cinematic techniques, themes, and storytelling from a critical perspective. I want to appreciate films not just as a viewer but also as an art form, understanding the creative choices behind them. I also expect to develop the ability to look at a film from multiple angles and gain a deeper understanding of its message and impact.

    A . Sai Koushik Reddy
    24071A05C9
    CSE-B

    ReplyDelete
  53. I chose film analysis and critical appreciation as an open electives because I have always believed that cinemas had a way of it's own to make me feel things that i can't possibly experience. The joy I felt watching Superbad, the sadness after Joyland, the rush of hope from The Shawshank Redemption, the feeling of loss after The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas, and whatever Capernaum made me feel... I genuinely don't think I'd ever experienced that emotion before. To understand how films works way beyond just making someone feel something and maybe unlock new way of feeling things by learning how to look at it from different perspectives.
    I hope this course helps me do so and understand films in a manner i couldn't before.
    24071A7201
    AKSHARA P.
    AI&DS

    ReplyDelete
  54. I chose Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation because films have always made me experience emotions I couldn't find elsewhere. Whether it was the laughter from Superbad, the hope of The Shawshank Redemption, or the profound emotions of Capernaum, cinema has always left a lasting impact on me. I want to understand how films create these experiences beyond just storytelling and learn to appreciate them from different perspectives. I hope this course helps me see and understand films in a way I never have before.

    24071A6u13
    Faiz
    CSD - A (DATASCIENCE)

    ReplyDelete
  55. 24071A66K7
    Satti Tanushree
    CSE-AIML(C)
    I I chose Film Analysis because it helps me understand movies beyond their entertainment value. It allows me to explore the themes, characters, and messages presented in a film. Through film analysis, I can appreciate the director's vision, storytelling techniques, and cinematography. It also improves my critical thinking and observation skills by encouraging me to examine every aspect of a movie. Analyzing films helps me understand different cultures, emotions, and social issues. It enhances my communication and interpretation skills while expressing my opinions with evidence. Overall, I chose film analysis because it combines creativity, learning, and critical thinking in an engaging way.

    ReplyDelete
  56. 24071A67J3
    Hemanth Sai

    I chose the Film Analysis and Critical Thinking course because I believe movies are more than just entertainment—they reflect ideas, emotions, and society. This course gives me the opportunity to understand how films communicate messages through storytelling, visuals, characters, and symbolism. At the same time, it helps me develop critical thinking by encouraging me to question perspectives, evaluate arguments, and form well-reasoned opinions instead of accepting things at face value. I feel these skills will not only improve the way I watch films but also help me make better decisions, communicate effectively, and analyze real-life situations from different viewpoints. Overall, I chose this course because it combines creativity with logical thinking, making it both interesting and valuable for my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete
  57. 24071A10B9 TANNAMALA AASHRITHA EIE-B
    I choose this branch because im very intrested in films ,i like cinematography im intrested in discussing about films and analysing them i appreciate the art of cinema

    ReplyDelete
  58. 24071A04K0
    T Ashwini
    I chose the Film Analysis and Critical Appreciation course because I enjoy watching movies and wanted to understand what makes a film meaningful. I felt this course would help me look beyond the story and notice things like direction, acting, cinematography, and the message behind a film. It has changed the way I watch movies and made me appreciate the effort that goes into making them.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I chose Film Analysis because I have always been interested in movies, but I usually watch them just for entertainment. I wanted to take this subject to understand what actually goes into making a film and how different things like the story, characters, camera work, music, and emotions affect us as viewers. I also feel that analyzing movies can help me look at things from different perspectives and improve my creativity and thinking skills. I thought it would be a different and interesting subject compared to the usual subjects, so I decided to choose Film Analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  60. 25075A0309
    N YAGNESH
    I chose Film Analysis because I have always been interested in movies, but I usually watch them just for entertainment. I wanted to take this subject to understand what actually goes into making a film and how different things like the story, characters, camera work, music, and emotions affect us as viewers. I also feel that analyzing movies can help me look at things from different perspectives and improve my creativity and thinking skills. I thought it would be a different and interesting subject compared to the usual subjects, so I decided to choose Film Analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  61. 24071A1274
    Raghudeep B
    I chose the Film Analysis and Critical Thinking course because I believe movies are more than just entertainment—they reflect ideas, emotions, and society. This course gives me the opportunity to understand how films communicate messages through storytelling, visuals, characters, and symbolism. At the same time, it helps me develop critical thinking by encouraging me to question perspectives, evaluate arguments, and form well-reasoned opinions instead of accepting things at face value. I feel these skills will not only improve the way I watch films but also help me make better decisions, communicate effectively, and analyze real-life situations from different viewpoints. Overall, I chose this course because it combines creativity with logical thinking, making it both interesting and valuable for my personal growth.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Posts

Film Review